About Time

April 5, 2013
Tempus fugit; Fabric stashes grow and my last blog post was in November 2012. My intention was always for this blog to feature my quilt work, mostly pattern and related information*. I joined Blogger in 2005 to share text and images with my C&T book editor. Since then I've treated the ensuing pages as a manuscript in draft.

Between November and now I have managed occasional Facebook posts about my quilt life.  Please make my day - "like" my page.  I've even managed some newsletters which are archived here.

Last December I spent three days in Denver recording video in a studio at Craftsy.  Earlier in the year a Denver nephew brought me to their headquarters after I'd taught at Quilt Colorado.
The taping yielded over three hours of instruction by yours truly of original technique-based blocks. Craftsy is an interactive online learning platform where crafters around the world can learn on their own schedules. I've been enjoying the platform, answering student questions and watching for their blocks and quilts to be posted and shared.

I've also been taking Craftsy classes. I'm the girl smiling on the Manhattan M57 crosstown bus watching The Quilt Show and Craftsy on her iPhone.
I've repeatedly heard quilters say "I'm a visual learner."

I'm proud of the content in my class, Traditional Blocks Made Simple, it includes the newly digitized version of my C&T Publishing book Rotary Cutting Revolution (112 pages!) as well as the high definition version of Ms Made Simpler herself:  Me, Myself & I

* I iron fabric patches to the shiny side of freezer paper. These unconventionally cut patches will be conventionally sewn by machine, they won't be paper pieced. But the reusable freezer paper will keep them in order, ready to be sewn at any hour of the day or night and I won't be picking fallen patches off the ground. 
Anita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I lay mine on a piece of flannel then roll around a paper towel roll so my pesky cat doesn't steal a piece. I think the freezer paper would work much better!

Susan

Deb Marshall said...

What a great idea!