Anita's Make It Simpler® Monkey Wrench Block Pattern (aka Churn Dash)


Why am I smiling at the International Quilt Market? Because I went from petting an Elna Lotus sewing machine to becoming an Elna Boutique Designer in under 30 seconds.  Which means I've got something to make you smile too.
The complete pattern AND directions 
It's a no-measure, no-trim, no-waste solution

December 2020 The Monkey Wrench is included my 
I delight in making traditional blocks simpler and this Monkey Wrench is a chip off the old block. Here's a video glimpse 
 
Stack, sew on lines, cut, and sew.
It's how I made this butterfly version
You may know the pattern as "Churn Dash"
Why don't you try a Monkey Wrench and then think about the steps you didn't have to take? Start with: Gee, I didn't have to trim a triangle (HST)!
Stay tuned,  I'll be launching five additional CuttingLinespatterns to teach in my classes. Comments
I named her "Elna Dunham"

Make it Simpler,
Anita

7 comments:

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Well didn't that little girl just land in exactly the perfect position. Cute block! Intriguing system! :-)

SewGirl Colorado said...

I am unable to find the free block pattern for Monkey Wrench on the Elna website. My quilt club wants to make this block for Quilts of Valor.

Anita Grossman Solomon said...

Unfortunately I have no email address to contact SewGirl Colorado.

Unknown said...

I love this concept and applaud your ingenuity! I don't find the link at elna for this monkey wrench block. I thought it was in my copy of Rotary Cutting Revolution (which I have used for the Italian block). Please advise? Thank you, Debbie Cupp (damecupcake@gmail.com)

Unknown said...

Anita, I used the wayback machine to obtain the pattern and directions. All the best!
Debbie Cupp

Penny said...

Is this pattern still available on the Elena site? I couldn’t find it when I searched.

Cindy C. said...

Would you please let me know where to find the pattern? We'd also like to make it a QOV. estampseller@yahoo.com