Anita's Make It Simpler® Monkey Wrench Block Pattern (aka Churn Dash)


Why am I smiling at the International Quilt Market? Because I went from petting an Elna Lotus sewing machine to becoming an Elna Boutique Designer in under 30 seconds.  Which means I've got something to make you smile too.
The complete pattern AND directions 
It's a no-measure, no-trim, no-waste solution
I delight in making traditional blocks simpler and this Monkey Wrench is a chip off the old block. Here's a video glimpse 
 
Stack, sew on lines, cut, and sew.
It's how I made this butterfly version
You may know the pattern as "Churn Dash"
Why don't you try a Monkey Wrench and then think about the steps you didn't have to take? Start with: Gee, I didn't have to trim a triangle (HST)!
Stay tuned,  I'll be launching five additional CuttingLinespatterns to teach in my classes. Comments
I named her "Elna Dunham"

Make it Simpler,
Anita

1 comments:

Sarah Goer said...

Well didn't that little girl just land in exactly the perfect position. Cute block! Intriguing system! :-)