Store-bought Stripes


May 17, 2013
I am crazy for concentric stripe quilts and always wanted to make a quilt similar to this red one:
When Faye Burgos designed Strip-IT  yardage in black and white for Marcus Fabrics I immediately made a two-sided quilt  from it in 2009. The entire quilt (front and back) took me 5 seams (yes, FIVE) and 9 yards of fabrics. It's a simple techniques which I included in my book, Rotary Cutting Revolution
My reversible Xcentric quilt:
The black and white Strip-It  I used is no longer available but these two pastels, suited for baby quilts can be had:
 
These are pre-printed lengthwise stripes, (parallel to the selvege)  which measure approximately 2½" wide. These brights "Dots Right!" will be available next month:
 

I checked into this because when I presented my work to the Pieces and Patches Guild earlier this week, quilters asked if Strip-It fabric was still available. It is An online search for Strip-It will turn up assorted yardage too. This Marcus fabrics video shows other ways to take advantage of  Strip-It
Make It Simpler

0 comments: